This is the basic foundation for all scrambles. You can add any other spices, veggies, etc. to make it your desired style. My favorites are Mexican and Greek.
- 1 large (really big) block of super firm tofu (Wildwood brand is great)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast (looks like fish flakes)
- 2 tablespoons smoked salt (this helps add more egg flavor)
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring tools
- Squeeze out the extra moisture from the tofu. You can also wrap it in a dish towel and squeeze or push on it gently and the moisture will be absorbed by the towel. I recommend Wildwood because there’s not a lot of water in it, so you don’t have to go through so much squeezing and draining.
- Break up the big ol’ block of tofu into the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the nutritional yeast and salt over the top and mix thoroughly.
- Let the mixture sit as long as you’re able. Overnight is best.
- If you’d like your scramble plain, you can go ahead and drizzle some olive oil in a large saute pan, put it over medium heat and basically heat your scramble through. Serve and enjoy.
- If you want to add fun stuff, now’s the time.
- Saute your other ingredients and then add in the tofu mixture. Once everything is nicely heated through, serve and enjoy.